Thursday, January 12, 2017

Apricot Pork Loin

I saw a recipe in Publix magazine for a recipe that sounded delicious. I didn't feel like cooking tonight, so I decided to throw it in a crock pot instead. Here's what I did:

Pork loin (Mine was about a pound)
1 T sesame oil
1 c apricot  preserves
1/4 c white wine vinegar (calls for rice vinegar, I was out of this)
1 t minced garlic*
1 t ground ginger* (the recipe called for 2 t siracha garlic seasoning*)
1 t lime juice

I sliced up the pork into four sections and placed the pork in a slow cooker. I mixed the remaining ingredients in a bow and then poured over the pork. It's cooking right now on low and will for about 6 1/2-7 hours. I'll be serving this with rice and broccoli. 

The recipe called to season the pork with the seasoning and cook in the oil on med-high for 3-4, until browned. Mix preserves, vinegar, ginger and lime. Pour over pork and continue to cook, turning pork often, until pork reaches 145 deg F and sauce thickens. Sprinkle fresh cilantro over pork and serve with apricot rice pilaf.

No comments: